Saturday, January 7, 2012

It has begun!

Planning for a new trip that is!  The Kellams family has decided to take a really cool vacation all the way to the West coast.  And this really will be "Heck" On Wheels!  Noel, Gaby, Nadine, and myself will embark on a 8000+ mile road trip this summer and it will definitely be an adventure!

The talks for the trip began when Nadine wanted to visit her sister in California.  Long story short....us convincing her to buy us all plane tickets to go turned into her paying for our rental car for the entire trip during this summer adventure.  All we have to pay for is our share of gas and hotels, food, and entertainment.  I am super excited!  The best part?  I will blog the entire trip from my phone mostly, sometimes the laptop so you will get to go on the adventure with us!  It should be funny!  Hopefully Noel and Gaby will post updates too.

This is the tentative plan:

June 7th - Noel and I will leave Fort Myers and head to Tallahassee.  Within the next week or so, we will visit, my mom, my family in Monroe, my family in Dallas, and my family in Houston.  We will also plan to visit Noel's cousin Jovana in El Paso. 

After El Paso, Noel wants to make a quick jaunt across the border to Mexico.

June 14th - We will pick his mom and brother up in Phoenix and this is where the real trip begins.  Within the next three weeks, will have visited:
-Phoenix
-Flagstaff
-Grand Canyon
-Las Vegas
-Los Angeles (maybe Death Valley)
-Colfax, CA
-San Francisco
-Mendocino, CA
-Jenner, CA
-Redwood National Forest
-somewhere in Oregon...
-somewhere in Idaho...thinking probably Twin Falls then Idaho Falls
-Yellowstone National Park
-Billings, MT
-Mount Rushmore
-Minnesota
-Wisconsin
-Chicago, IL
-Indianapolis, IN
-Paoli, IN
-Louisville, KY
-Nashville, TN
-Atlanta, GA
-back to Tallahassee to pick up our cat...and then HOME!!

We will be gone for nearly a month and I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scribble Here